Traditional Powwow - June 14 & 15 2014
Pow Wow Grounds - 2750 Worth Rd. Standish, Ml
Next to the Saganing Eagles Landing Casino & Saganing Tribal Center
The Pow Wow committee would like to note our mission as to further the welfare of the Native people. While venue exist for the non-Indian trader to sell goods, we wish to ensure a place for native traders. Pow-Wow Committee reserves the right to deny any trader application based on the type of goods and the quality of the goods sold. We reserve the right to limit the number of traders. Furthermore, we reserve the right to adhere to Public Law 101-44: The Indian Arts and Crafts Act of 1990, which prevents the sale of counterfeit Indian arts and crafts, especially unmarked imported goods and initiations. Consequently, in publicizing and registering for the Pow-Wow, the committee will inform prospective traders of the policy.
Rules and Regulations
- Tribal card/papers to verify your Native American Heritage. A copy must be submitted with your applications and be sure to have them with you upon arrival. The designated person who is registering for a spot must be present at all times.
- Native American foods and crafts first consideration
- No reserving spots. You cannot set up without checking in first.
- First come, first serve basis.
- Space 10'x10' if additional space is needed, please talk to a committee member or indicate on your application form beforehand. Space needs need to be discussed prior to set up.
- Service animals only
- Rules and regulations are subject to change without notice.
- Vendors are responsible for payment of sales tax.
- Rental fee is forfeited if exhibitor fails to show.
- Show is held rain or shine! No refunds due to inclement weather!
Set up begins on Friday at 12:00 pm. Please do not set up prior to the designated time or items will have to be removed.
All first aid tents, elder's and At Large tents and other informational booths must register with the Pow -Wow Committee prior to the event and the Committee will designated a spot for your booth.
Vendors are responsible for their own electrical cords, tables, chairs or other necessary items to run booth.