AAYA - Anishinabe Athletic Youth Association has retired but the youth have not. We are proud to introduce the Saginaw Chippewa Anishinabek Athletes Program.
The program will be similar to AAYA with some minor changes.
- Grant reimbursement for a varsity jacket from your school (high school age) or athletic fee (not athletic equipment) paid so that the youth could participate in a sport (all ages). Only one grant can be utilized per year, funding is limited so it will be run on a first come first serve basis.
- All youth - Saginaw Chippewa Tribal youth members' of all districts, all descendents Saginaw Chippewa of all districts, and tribal youth residing within the reservation borders are eligible. Must apply for grants through an application available through the program.
- Program will be run by the At Large Program not a committee.
- Self funded so donations and fundraising will determine the life of the program.
- Clinics bi-monthly on a Saturday for different sports. Location to be determined.
- Call 800-884-6271 or 989-775-4944 for guidelines and application.
Click here for a donation form(.pdf)