Community Support Information
11/7/2022 9:55:00 AM
Over the weekend a tragic event took place in our community, an act of senseless violence and one that took a very special person away from us to soon. On behalf of the Tribal Council we would like to send our deepest condolences to the victim’s family and to our entire Tribal Community. We know how special this mother, daughter, friend and colleague was to so many and the impact she had on all the lives she touched.
We acknowledge that this loss is very traumatic, not only for the family, but also for many of our fellow community members. We must come together to support one another and assist the family in their time of need. There are many who are hurting and we want to assure everyone who may be struggling you are not alone. Please reach out if you are seeking support and use the resources available within our community.
Today, please know that the family, all of our employees and community members are in our thoughts. We are heartbroken and will lean on each other to navigate through the days ahead. We share in your grief but please remember help is available. Please feel free to contact any of our SCIT Resources listed below for assistance:
Behavioral Health is able to help the following ways with the family/friends who are grieving this recent loss:
- Walk in Crisis in always open 8am-5pm Monday through Friday. Anyone is welcome to arrive at BH at any time during those hours and meet one on one with a therapist.
- On-call Crisis is available after hours 5pm-8am Monday through Friday and all weekend by calling 989-775-4850 to speak with a therapist.
- Joe Syrette is open to meet individually with family members for Traditional Healing and medicines on Nov. 18th from 9am-5pm here at Behavioral Health.
- If anyone has unique needs and are not sure what they need as far as help with processing their grief, please call 989-775-4850 and a therapist will be able to help guide them with services they may need outside of therapy and/or Traditional Healing.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Central Michigan Professional Counseling Associates 1-989-772-5833 or Toll free 866-772-5833
7th Generation/Sacred Fire
Please continue to keep the family and all of those in need in your thoughts and prayers. We are a strong community and we ask that we unite to assist in bringing comfort to all of those in need through these difficult times.