Pow Wow Covid-19 Update
7/29/2021 8:42:00 AM
There has been much speculation and rumor about positive COVID-19 cases at this weekend’s 37th Annual Saginaw Chippewa Pow Wow. As of 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 28, 2021 Nimkee Clinic has received zero positive results for those who were tested. Please continue to stay safe and follow the latest CDC guidelines posted below.
If you should have any questions please contact Public Relations at email@example.com or at (989)775-4059.
Here is information from the CDC updated 7/27/21
What You Need to Know (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/how-covid-spreads.html)
• People who are closer than 6 feet from the infected person are most likely to get infected.
• You have a higher chance of infection if you are in contact with someone for 15 minutes or more within a 24 hour period.
• If you are not fully vaccinated and 2 or older, you should wear a mask in indoor public places.
• In areas with high numbers of COVID-19 cases, consider wearing a mask in crowded outdoor settings and for activities with close contact with others who are not fully vaccinated.
• Otherwise, you do not need to wear a mask in outdoor settings.
If you’ve been fully vaccinated (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated.html#vaccinated)
• You can resume activities that you did prior to the pandemic.
• To reduce the risk of being infected with the Delta variant and possibly spreading it to others, wear a mask indoors in public if you are in an area of substantial or high transmission.
• You might choose to wear a mask regardless of the level of transmission if you have a weakened immune system or if, because of your age or an underlying medical condition, you are at increased risk for severe disease, or if a member of your household has a weakened immune system, is at increased risk for severe disease, or is unvaccinated.
• If you’ve been around someone who has COVID-19, you should get tested 3-5 days after your exposure, even if you don’t have symptoms. You should also wear a mask indoors in public for 14 days following exposure or until your test result is negative. You should isolate for 10 days if your test result is positive.
Nimkee COVID Testing Center 989-775-4626 to schedule an appointment.