Native Farmer's Market
4/8/2015 3:00:00 PM
GOAL: The goal of the Native Farmers Market is to provide healthy, home grown and/or unique natural produce along with Native American Art from Tribal members, community and employees to the general public. This market provides not only healthy options but financial opportunities as well for the Tribal community and general public.
LOCATION: Broadway Housing Pavilion - June 4th
New pavilion through USDA Grant: Broadway & Leaton – August 19th
DATES OF OPERATION: The Native Farmers Market will be in operation from Tuesday, June 7, 2016, to Tuesday, October 11, 2015, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Now seeking produce and Native American art vendors. Contact Marcella Hadden @ (989) 775-4059 firstname.lastname@example.org There is no charge to be a vendor.
· You do not need to be a Native American to sell produce.
· You must be a Native American to sell Native Art.
- Items permitted for sale are limited to fruits, vegetables, flowers, fish, wild rice, plants, homemade baked goods or other similar produce subject to approval of the Market Master and the Native Farmers Market Committee.
- Native community members can sell handmade art and supplies.
- Jams or homemade bottled goods must be labeled in compliance with Michigan Cottage Food Industry law. (See the Market Master for a sample.)
- All items are subject to inspection and approval by the Market Master.
- Clean-up will be the responsibility of the individual vendor.
- The Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe will not be responsible for theft or accidents.
- Other rules and regulations may be subject to change at any time as deemed necessary by the Committee.