May is Health Fitness Month
5/1/2017 4:00:00 PM
COMMIT TO INCREASE YOUR DAILY PHYSICAL ACTIVITY!
It is recommended that you should get in at least 150 min/week of cardio exercise or continuous exercise of moderate intensity. You can walk, jog, or bicycle for cardio exercise for 30 min/day on 5 days per week. If you want to really reap the benefits of cardio exercise, you should try doing cardio exercise for at least 60 minutes or more 5 x’s/week! It is also recommended that you should do resistance or strength training exercises 2-3 x’s/week that target the big muscles in the body. It is recommended that you should also do flexibility exercises 2-3 x’s/week.
What are the benefits of exercise?
1. You will feel better when you exercise because your body releases “feel good” endorphins!
2. Exercise can help you lose weight or maintain your current weight!
3. You will have more energy!
4. Exercise can ward off depression!
5. Exercise promotes better sleep at night.
6. Exercise helps manage disease and chronic conditions!
7. If you get in at least 40 minutes of cardio 3-4 times/week, it can lower your cholesterol and blood pressure!
9. Exercise helps to control Diabetes and Heart Disease!
10. Exercise is Medicine!!!
You can schedule an appointment with a
Fitness Trainer at Nimkee Fitness Center.
Start working out today!