Freedom Walk 2018
7/10/2018 10:44:00 AM
Saturday, July 28 | Eagles Nest Tribal Gym | Doors open at 7 a.m. | Walk begins at 9 a.m.
• Speakers will offer an important message of recovery.
• Grandmothers Speak panel.
• Tribal Police and Fire will escort the Freedom Walkers from the Eagles Nest Tribal Gym southbound on Leaton Road. The Freedom Walk will then take a left turn on Tomah Road and proceed east until the walkers reach the powwow grounds.
• Walkers will enter the arena through the eastern door and circle the powwow arena once.
• Two raffle prizes will be drawn at the Tribal Gym, with other raffles after the Freedom Walk.
Schedule of Events
7 a.m. | Doors open and registration
7:30 a.m. | Opening prayer and breakfast
• Continental breakfast sponsored by Nbakade Family Restaurant.
8 a.m. | Speakers
• Remarks from Tribal Community members
9 a.m. | Walk begins
All are encouraged to join in our recovery pledge that Sobriety is Traditional!
For more information, please contact: Kevin Ricketts at 989.775.4850 or Joseph Sowmick at 989.775.5811