Training And Developement
The Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe achieves its overall business
goals through the efforts of each of our associates. The
primary goal of training and development programs is to improve
individual and organizational performance for better business
results. Training programs not only help associates increase
their effectiveness by building and refining job skills,
but greatly enhance the level of guest service provided by
the casino, resort and Tribal Operations. The Training and
Development Department also assists departments in coordinating
in-house departmental training opportunities to meet their
The Training Department staff people have participated in
success stories through coaching and finding helpful resources.
In the words of Slot Manager, Randy Barnes, “We can
not thank all of you enough for the different programs that
are implemented to make for a much better work environment.
The efforts have made a profound difference for our shift
through our guest satisfaction.”
Training and Development Department programs are designed
- Create a sense of community by offering consistent orientation
information for new associates.
- Prepare supervisors and managers for increased or new responsibilities.
- Build and refine skills by providing instruction and practice
in work-related areas such as leadership, conducting performance
evaluations, business writing, public speaking, and customer
- Improve interpersonal skills through human relations training
and increase productivity by improving communication between
supervisors and associates.
- Increase associate retention and build loyalty through organization-wide
- Provide opportunities for associates to engage in self development
with a training library with books, videos and CDs.
- Enhance workplace harmony by providing programs that encourage
sensitivity toward persons of all cultures and abilities.
- Foster good associate relations and reduce turnover by providing
programs that lead to greater job satisfaction and improved
- Enhance the overall well being of associates by offering
personal development programs on topics of concern such as
leadership, safety, stress management and interpersonal communication
One goal of the Tribe is for all associates to make the maximum
contribution to their departments, thereby enhancing the
overall productivity. Training will enable the Tribe to reach
this goal by encouraging associates to develop talents and
skills appropriate for improving their job effectiveness.